Tasty Cars

Being a hopeless Swedish car junkie and caretaker of both a Volvo and a Saab, I found myself forced to double back to check out Scandinavian Grace, a cafe and home goods store that I recently passed in Shokan on New York’s Route 28, a stone’s throw from Hemmings Classic Car Auto Artist Steve Heller’s Fabulous Furniture shop.

It was there in the Scandinavian Grace ‘Kafe’ that I was introduced to “The world’s most bought car,” Ahlgrens Bilar. Who knew that Sweden has been making microcars since 1953?

bilar 1

My only exposure to Swedish candy thus far had been the ubiquitous red Swedish Fish gummys, so the discovery of a car-shaped candy was a revelation.

bilar 2

Tasting like a cross between a marshmallow and the aforementioned Swedish Fish, these chewy little roadsters from Malmö even have a “Cars” -like character as their logo, seen here below the text.

bilar 3

Perhaps someday the Hemmings Cruise will visit Sweden or I’ll be able to take factory delivery of a new Saab or Volvo, but until I can experience the country in person, I guess I’ll have to have my Swedish fix in car form, both large and small.



Related posts:



Related posts:



0 коммент.:

Отправить комментарий